April 12, 2014

Influenster Uni VoxBox


Ever since I signed up for Influenster almost two years ago, the program has surpassed all my expectations. Influenster is a company that partners with brands to give its members the opportunity to sample various products that fit their interests and lifestyles. In turn, members test and review the products and voice their opinions via their social networks. The Uni VoxBox is my sixth box to date and contains items geared toward busy students. As I am indeed a grad student, I'm grateful and excited to be able to try these products out and share my thoughts with y'all. Everything shown here was provided by Influenster complimentary for testing purposes, and all opinions are my own.





Playtex Sport Fresh Balance
This is the one product in the box that I can't try out. I don't use tampons, so I will hand this off to a friend who does. I was, however, pleasantly surprised to see that Influenster included an entire box of 16 tampons instead of just one or two samples.

Pilot Acroball PureWhite
When it comes to stationery, I am admittedly a bit of a purist. With the exception of Sharpies, I buy all my writing instruments in Asia, where there are more options at lower prices. This Pilot ballpoint pen writes very well though. The nib is on the thicker side (I would guess 0.7, though it isn't specified) and I like how the ink flows out smoothly and dries quickly. The pen's advertisement markets its stylish appearance, with a colored grip inspired from the Spring Pantone shades. However, I don't really care for the white barrel and find it bulky compared to my sleek Asian pens. Looks aside, I quite this pen and will use it up--though at $4.59 for a pack of three, I don't plan on purchasing.


Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure in Vamp It Up
I'm not big on nail-related things, as I have a nasty habit of peeling my nails so they're never good-looking enough for polish. To apply, I simply picked out the ones that fit my fingers, washed and dried my hands, used the included alcohol prep towelette, peeled off the sticker backings, and stuck on the nails. The results look nice, although the design I was sent isn't one I would pick out for myself. These press-on nails would be a good alternative to those who, for one reason or another, don't care for nail polish but still want fun nails. Application and removal aren't difficult and the kit comes with a good variety of nail sizes to fit most fingers. I personally found them kind of cumbersome, though I can't speak for those who are more experienced with faux manicures.

Red Rose Real Tea Premium Water Enhancer in Blackcurrant Raspberry
I was pretty excited to try this tea flavoring. I have never used any kind of water enhancer, preferring to either drink pure water or opt for something else entirely. To use, I just squeeze some of the concentrated flavor into a cup of water (there isn't really any unit of measurement) and mix. Sadly, I wasn't wowed by the taste. While there is a tea flavor, there is a more distinct taste of what I only know how to describe as artificial sweetener. It reminded me of diet soda, which tastes faker than the real deal and is why I never drink diet soda. This product would probably suit those who are used to diet sodas, water enhancers, or non-sugar sweeteners well, but unfortunately I don't fall into any of those categories.


NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Forever Fuchsia
Now come the two products that are right up my alley. Although NYC is a cheap drugstore brand, don't underestimate the quality of its makeup! The pigmentation of this lipstick is medium in one pass but can be built up to full coverage. The texture is surprisingly thin, making it pretty comfortable to wear--impressive for a lipstick that is advertised as being long-lasting. Forever Fuchsia is a bright, cool-toned, pink cream with no shimmer. It would suit cool skins beautifully, although I don't think it clashes with my warm complexion either. I definitely recommend exfoliating lips beforehand though, because this lipstick will catch on dry flakes. That being said, I am very happy to add Forever Fuchsia to my lipstick lineup, especially for the spring and summer seasons.

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in Sand
I had heard good reviews for this foundation from blogs and YouTube, so I was excited to try it for myself. Influenster let us choose our shade prior to mailing out the boxes, and luckily Sand fits me pretty well. As it is a mousse foundation, the texture is on the thicker side. However, it doesn't feel heavy when applied and it blends easily into the skin. The finish is matte but not too flat, and coverage can be quickly built up to full. One of this foundation's big claims is all-day shine control, and I'm happy to say that it succeeds in keeping my oily T-zone at bay. For day-to-day wear, I apply a small amount of this foundation to my forehead (to control shine) and the center of my face (where uneven skin tone usually is) and then blend it outward with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Because it is full coverage, a little goes a long way and more can be used to spot conceal. I can see myself repurchasing this!

2 comments:

  1. Nice box!!! I like your blog!!
    would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...